Welcome to Food thoughts....

I created this blog to help friends find fun in cooking by sharing tasty recipes, cooking techniques and answering questions. I hope you enjoy it!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Bacon!!!!

Who doesn't love bacon????

     Yeah, I know it's something pretty simple.  But for some people it's a pain in the hiney.  This is my favorite way to make it and I think it's the simplest and best method.   It doesn't curl up like when you stand over the stove and babysit it while it fries and splatters your entire stove and the wall behind it and you yourself.
    The best part is, you don't have to babysit it!!!!  You can do other things.....like fry your potatoes, slice tomatoes, fry your eggs or make your pancakes or waffles or omelets or whatever else you might be having with it. 

What you need.......Bacon, a cookie sheet with sides and your oven!

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 

Place bacon on cookie sheet, no need to grease it.

Bake the bacon for 15 minutes then check to see how it's doing, pull it out and drain some grease. No you don't have to flip it either!

Please tell me you don't throw your grease away either, I don't wanna hear it!  I save mine to cook and or flavor other stuff.  Too good to waste!

All total it will probably take you 25 to 30 minutes.  I don't time it, I just watch it and go by smell.  But check it every 5 minutes or so just to be safe.

When it reaches slightly under your desired doneness, remove from oven, drain again and transfer to a paper towels to finish draining and cool.  It will firm up a bit more as it sits and cools. 

Enjoy!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment