Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces (*can use frozen, then leave whole)
- 1 pkt. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 small cans sliced mushrooms or 2 c. fresh sliced button mushrooms
- 1 12 oz. carton light sour cream
- 2 t. flour
- 2 t. chopped fresh parsley
1. Layer ingredients into the crock pot as listed above until you reach the sour cream.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. *IF you used frozen chicken breasts allow to cook for 8 -10 hrs. or cook on high for 6-8 hrs. Then you can shred them at this point or leave them whole and serve one per person.
3. Stir the flour into the sour cream and then stir into chicken mixture, replace lid and allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes while you cook your pasta. Stir in parsley and serve.
You may choose to serve this over the pasta or stir the pasta into the chicken and sauce. The latter is a better idea if you're taking this dish to a potluck!