Welcome to Food thoughts....

I created this blog to help friends find fun in cooking by sharing tasty recipes, cooking techniques and answering questions. I hope you enjoy it!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A "healthy" recipe for you....

     Hey there, I thought I might post this for everyone.  It's something I made for my mother in law for Mother's day.  I made  lunch for her and she happens to be gluten intolerant so I found this recipe, modified it a little and it turned out great.
     Don't be deceived by what's in it.  I think it's an awesome way to sneak some healthy stuff into your family's diet.  It turns out rich, chocolaty and moist almost like a cheesecake.  Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

Black bean Brownie cake

1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 T. vegetable oil
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 pinch of salt
3/4 c. white sugar (I substituted 2/3 c. Agave syrup, my m-i-l doesn't use refined sugar)
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. instant coffee or 1 T. strong brewed coffee (optional)
1/2 to 3/4 c. chocolate chips (or I used chopped 70% cacao dark chocolate because it's my favorite)
     (choc. chips are optional too, but I think they add to the final product)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish or a round spring form pan.
  2. Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt,  baking powder, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.



Allow to cool completely and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment