Welcome to Food thoughts....

I created this blog to help friends find fun in cooking by sharing tasty recipes, cooking techniques and answering questions. I hope you enjoy it!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Refrigerator/Freezer Pantry Basics

Alright, last but by far not least are basics for the Refrigerator and Freezer.  I truly hope that you find this helpful.  I know most of it's just common sense, but it helps sometimes to have it all written out.



Pantry Basics for your Refrigerator and Freezer


Butter
Cheese – cheddar, Parmesan and other favorite flavors
Milk – or soy and cream and or heavy cream
Eggs
Mayonnaise
Sour cream
Vegetables –fresh and frozen
Fruits – fresh and frozen
Yogurt – plain
Beef – ground bulk and patties, round steak, rump roast, bottom round and country style boneless ribs
Chicken – whole, parts, boneless skinless breasts and ground
Pork – ground bulk, sausage and links, tenderloin, chops and roasts
Ground turkey
Ham
Bacon
Fish of choice, fresh water or salt water, whole or fillet
Seafood of choice....I like to keep IQF shrimp in the freezer for fast pastas or stir fries. I like scallops and crab too.

No comments:

Post a Comment