Welcome to Food thoughts....

I created this blog to help friends find fun in cooking by sharing tasty recipes, cooking techniques and answering questions. I hope you enjoy it!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Hard Cooked Eggs 101 (NO GREEN RINGS!!!!)

I don't know about you, but I seriously hate to see those ugly green rings around the yolk of hard cooked eggs.  It means they've been cooked to death and in my opinion, it changes their flavor too.  So here's the secret to hard cooking eggs the right way, not just according to me and how I learned but also by the American Egg Board.  Happy Cooking!


What You 
Need What You Need
Eggs
Step 1 Step 1
PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling.
Step 2 Step 2
REMOVE from burner. COVER pan. LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra large).
Step 3 Step 3
DRAIN immediately and serve warm. OR, cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.







Compliments of the American Egg Board!  Check them out, you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know and then some.
www.incredibleegg.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment